Sunday, June 3, 2012

Christian Ethics

from Dave Black’s blog:  http://www.daveblackonline.com/blog.htm

the basics of Christian ethics:

  • Be committed to truth and mutual respect.

  • Watch your words and guard your tone.

  • Be ready with a positive solution.

  • Make sure you're using the right weapons. This involves the Word, kindness, tenderness, and forgiveness.

Remember: When we attack the person rather than the problem, we are setting ourselves up for disaster. Make sure your weapons don't cause you to sin.

 

This post shares an experience that showcases what Dave Black wrote about Christian ethics:

You can read the story here (http://www.wadeburleson.org/2011/06/militant-homosexuals-loving-them-to.html), and it starts under the heading “The Meeting with the Militant Homosexual Organization” (starts part way down the page).  It is a very touching story and it has given me a great lesson on how to love people.  This part of the story really taught me –

“I then said, "To be candid, I don't think I am the one with the agenda. You asked me to meet. You have stated it is your desire to change my mind. You are planning on picketing the church I pastor to convince our people that we are homophobic. My only agenda is to get to know you and to love you. If you ask me what I believe about homosexuality, which you did earlier in our meeting, I will tell you. But it is beyond my ability to convince you that what I am saying is true. Only God can convince you that what feels so right to you is in reality disapproved of by Him. I am simply called by Heavenly Father to love you where you are and that is precisely what I intend to do." ”

No comments: