Thursday, May 31, 2012

Lesson 12 --- LET IT SHINE

Last lesson for this book!  Smile

 

Go ahead and read Romans 15 and 16.  This lesson’s questions focus mostly on Romans 15:14-21.

**  If you want, share about how the positive example of a another believer encouraged you.

1.  What was the basis of Paul’s confidence in the Christians in Rome?

2.  List some of the things God has accomplished through Paul’s life.

3.  What things have you seen God use your life for?

4.  Why did Paul prefer not to minister where others had already ministered?  Was this a wise decision?

5.  What principles of evangelism from Paul’s life could you apply in your life?

6.  What do you think it means to “witness for Christ”?   Share your understanding and/or experiences with evangelism.  (Either you engaging in evangelism or someone trying to evangelize you.)

7.  Are you reluctant to talk about God with others?

8.  If you would like to share… do you remember who shared the gospel message with you?  Tell us about your walk with God up to this point in your life.

 

----------

 

More bible passages on evangelism:

Matthew 5:13-16

Salt and Light

13 “You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot.

14 “You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. 15 Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.

 

Matthew 28:18-20

18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

 

Acts 1:8

8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”

 

2 Corinthians 2:14-17

14 But thanks be to God, who always leads us as captives in Christ’s triumphal procession and uses us to spread the aroma of the knowledge of him everywhere. 15 For we are to God the pleasing aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing. 16 To the one we are an aroma that brings death; to the other, an aroma that brings life. And who is equal to such a task? 17 Unlike so many, we do not peddle the word of God for profit. On the contrary, in Christ we speak before God with sincerity, as those sent from God.

 

1 Thessalonians 2:8

8 so we cared for you. Because we loved you so much, we were delighted to share with you not only the gospel of God but our lives as well.

 

1 Peter 3:15,16

15 But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, 16 keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander.

2 comments:

M Johanna M said...

1 they were full of goodness and knowledge and able to instruct each other

2 He preached Christ from Jerusalem to Illyicum

3. I don't know :\

4 because he didn't want to start with someone else's teaching. Didn't Jesus say something about one sowing and another reaping? The idea of going where no one else has preached has its merits because no one gets missed. So yes

5 He encourages a lot... I don't encourage people enough

6 I have never reall talked about God with anyone... I have tried once or twice but it never got very far. Once I got asked about creation and God and I felt very ill prepared

7 depends a bit on the person but I don't think so

8 um I've kind of always known about God. I know I accepted Christ when I was 5 and got baptized a while later. I had a lot of trouble with whether or not I was saved and what kind of a "Christian" I was right up until we started coming to fellowship and talking about salvation etc.
I've grown a lot in my walk with Christ since then mostly because I nominally proud ra place where I can ask all my questions and they get answers. And now I'm working on keeping up my relationship with God when there is no meeting of our family for that purpose.

Nicole said...

1. they were good

2. he brought lots of people to Him

3. .....

4. ...

5. Yeah same as Johanna...

6. to "witness or christ" is telling people about the Good News

7. No I'm not

8. i don't realy know when it happened. it's a thing in my life that has always been there.