Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Romans Bible Study -- Feb 19 2012

Dear Josh, Jordan, Johanna, Deanna and Nicole,

I have felt led to start a little something for you young adults to participate in.  I scanned my book shelf today looking for inspiration and two books jumped out at me.  I looked over both of them but the book about Romans was the one that stood out to me.  I was looking for something that all of you could participate in (kind of like what Susan had for you a few months back) even though there is an ocean separating us.

Each week I will send out an email with what portion of Romans to read and some questions to think over and respond to.  The goal is to have all of you discuss it with each other via email, so please remember to hit REPLY ALL when you answer the questions.  Please answer within a couple of days of the questions being sent to you.

The book I will be referencing is called "Life Lessons with Max Lucado - Book of Romans".   Please feel free to discuss what you are reading with your parents as well, if you want to.  Also, if you have a friend who might like to join in, let me know and I will add them to the mailing list. 

Tip:  Try reading each portion of Romans from more than one version of Scripture.  Bible Gateway is a great website to reference different versions.  (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/)

______________________

Lesson One -- RIGHT WITH GOD

READ Romans 1:16 to 32

1.  How does God reveal himself to people?

2.  How have some people provoked God to anger?

3.  Why is the truth of the gospel hidden from some people?

4.  What happens when God lets people go their own way?

5.  How can we find freedom from the bondage of sin?

There are a couple more portions to this lesson that I will send on separate days after you all have had a chance to read and discuss these questions.

No comments: