Thursday, April 5, 2012

Unleavened Bread / Nisan 17 / Easter

 

Since it is the Easter weekend coming up, I am not going to post the new lesson from Romans.  Instead I thought I would share some interesting tidbits about Passover.

Here is a video explaining the unleavened bread used in a Passover meal:

 

Stephanie mentioned to me last year that I should look up all the events that had taken place on Nisan 17.  I never did do it but one of the websites I like to read has published a look at it.  You can find it here: http://heartofwisdom.com/biblicalholidays/2010/03/01/nisan-17-odds-one-in-783864876960000000/

“The Bible records many miracles occurring on Nisan 17. No other day except Passover is mentioned as many times in the Bible. According to the Torah and traditional Jewish interpretation, other events that occurred on Nisan 17 include the following:”

Lots more info at her website, check it out.

 

QUESTION TO PONDER AND ANSWER:  So how did we get to the Easter we have now and how does it tie in with the death and resurrection of our Messiah?

No comments: